Given that the parking lot is the first touchpoint that visitors will encounter when visiting your business premises, it can have a significant impact on setting the right tone for their visit. As such, maintaining its health and appearance should be a priority for all company owners. Restriping is one of the most important steps by far.
Restriping your parking lot is the perfect upgrade when the asphalt itself is still in great condition. But exactly how often should you restripe the parking lot in Texas? Here’s everything you need to know.
When To Restripe Your Parking Lot In San Antonio
When searching for a generic answer as to how often you should restripe your parking lot, you will often see 18-24 months as an expected timeframe. When living in San Antonio, the Lone Star State’s climate means that you should adjust this to 18-24 months. After all, the high temperatures can encourage road markings and paints to fade a little quicker.
However, there are several contributing factors to consider, such as;
- Parking lots that are underground or in the shade may only need restriping every 24 months.
- The volume of traffic and weight of vehicles entering the parking lot will impact lifespans.
- If the parking lot is only used by your fleet drivers, you may not need to worry as much.
In short, then, a good rule of thumb for repainting or restriping your parking lot in San Antonio is the 18-month mark, with a six-month buffer either side depending on the individual circumstances.
Signs That Your Parking Lot Needs Restriping
On the one hand, you do not want to let your parking lot standards slide. On the other hand, though, you don’t want to invest time on unnecessary maintenance. To strike the right balance, you should focus your attention on the signs that your San Antonio parking lot need restriping. Some of the most telling issues include;
- It has been more than three years since you last completed the upgrade.
- The parking lot markings are visibly faded or have become hard to see in low lighting.
- Drivers are breaking the rules, becoming fender benders or cutting people off.
- You have noticed that a growing number of drivers are parking badly.
- Guests or staff members have commented on the standard of the parking lot.
In some cases, the asphalt will need replacing too. Either way, persisting with faded or obscured parking lot markings is never an option. Restriping is the key to success and should be done ASAP.
The Benefits Of Parking Lot Restriping
Restriping your parking lot will boost its appearances, safety, and function while also meeting fire codes and state ADA compliance regulations. Moreover, regular maintenance can save you from more expensive problems in the long run – both in terms of maintenance and preventing costly personal injury claims.
If you feel that your parking lot needs some extra care, your instincts are probably right. Keathley Line Striping’s team of friendly experts are more than happy to help. Get in touch to get your project started today!